3 Cherry Trees Church Road Hartley DA3 8DS

Motor Accessories

01474 706330

black and white polka dot illustration_e

The supplier will need to see original documents that:

  • prove your name and address

  • show you’re allowed to use the registration number

Identity documents

You can use the following to confirm your name and address:

  • driving licence

  • utility, Council Tax or rates bill from the last 6 months

  • bank or building society statement from the last 6 months

  • national identity card

The following will confirm your name only:

  • passport - does not have to be issued in the UK

  • bank or building society debit or credit card

  • police warrant card

  • armed forces identity card

Proving you can use the registration number

You must bring one of the following to show you’re allowed to display the registration number:

  • vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)

  • green ‘new keeper’ slip from the V5C or V5CNI

  • certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number

  • retention document (V778)

  • a renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)

  • temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)

  • a number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)

  • an electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948 or eV948/2)

  • a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate

  • if your fleet is in the new V5C on demand scheme (also called ‘V5C suppression’), a PDF of the vehicle’s details from the view vehicle record service

UK trailer registration certificate (VTRC

We Make Plates On Site
And Aim To Make Them While You Wait